Sunday 18 December 2011

EMPYREAL MANIFESTATION


Oh empyreal one; of mystery and awe!
                                                                                 
I have been longing for even  a glimpse of  your shadow

I have traveled the seven seas, and scaled up mighty mountains

Yet, I find you no where, in the world outside!

Oh mysterious one!

How can I seek you, when you are hidden!
Hidden behind my thoughts, and blinded eyes!

Hidden to foolish woes and cries!

Lost in this futile search for your external presence

My fatigued eyes close, and my lonesome heart sinks

With dawning humility, my pointless ego finally shrinks

And at this very moment!

You manifest your mysterious self!

My enlightened senses turn inward

Inward to the beauty of this wondrous manifestation

And in this light of your manifest formlessness 

How can I not, but see you in everything!

Everything in the universe outside! 

As my inner eyes finally open!

Finally open,  to the dawn of the inner light!

When the sun doesn’t shine and the moon doesn’t rise

When there is darkness everywhere

This inner light is that, which forever shines

Shining and manifesting as your magnificence

Shining and manifesting as your presence

Oh empyreal one; of mystery and awe

Make me a manifestation of you!

2 comments:

  1. This poem is inspired by the hymns of the Rig Veda. It tries to portray the idealistic monism expressed in the philosophy of the Upanishads

    ReplyDelete
  2. This poem evokes a sense of awe and wonder. Very well-written.

    ReplyDelete