Tuesday 20 December 2011

SLOTHFUL SLUMBER


Dawn has broken; and the morning sun stretches his rays


The clouds and sky brighten, and the early birds seek their prey


But I am still asleep!


Asleep in my slothful slumber!


Did I not know, last night?    

                                                                      
That the morning was just due!


Did I not learn, from every other day of my life?


That, there is a day that follows even the darkest night


And, there is light at the end of every tunnel


Why then, do I sink into a lazy slumber?


Why then, do I sleep, when I should be singing?


Singing the melody of the morning sky!


Why then,  do I doze, when should be dancing!


Dancing to the tune of the humming breeze!


Oh lazy soul of mine


Wake up and set yourself free! 

2 comments:

  1. Oh my God! Just what i feel every morning :D very nice

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing Poem,specially loved this line "Did I not learn, from every other day of my life?"

    ReplyDelete