Thursday 8 December 2011

UNEXPECTED RAIN


The sudden thunder awakens me from my sunny slumber
 

The storm clouds greet me by the dark and lonely sky


Startling rain drops drench me with surprise


Where was the voice of  thunder during those long summer nights?


Where were the embracing clouds when the earth and sky were barren?


Where were the raindrops when I thirsty in the wilderness ? 


Now that my struggle is over; they greet me with a rainy smile! 


When I no longer need the rain to sustain me and my pointless existence! 


I no longer wither and wilt, without raindrops to moisten my heart!


I no longer wait longingly  for the coming of the monsoon clouds


Yet, like an unexpected visitor the rain has come


Without knocking on my door , he had drenched me!


Without asking me, he had brought home the dark rainy clouds


Now that I am drenched, now that they have come


What am I to do; but to welcome them with wide open arms? 


What am to serve them :except the emptiness of my soul?

1 comment: