Sunday 4 November 2012

THE STEERING COMMITTEE


I am your leader, the big black one says


Armored with knowledge and wisdom


I have mastered the ultimate skill, and mentored all you weaker ones


And I am still in command !


I am the one, solely capable of steering!


So this committee is nothing without me!


Listen to me you fools; and keep going straight!


Why must we fall into your treacherous trap again; says the red one!


You are too selfish and narrow minded, to lead us!


While your myopic vision cannot see beyond the shadow of the chin


My vision extends to even where your dreams cannot reach


Unlike you, I am a creature who practises what I preach


So senile friend, there are no takers for the follies you teach


The path ahead to me is crystal clear


A turn to the left here, and a right down the corner


The future my way is a lot more greener!


But, captain failure!  Look where your wretched egoism has lead


You kept going when we pleaded you to stop


And now the oasis of opportunity has gone away


You did not heed to the needs, and climbed up he wrong dunes


And here we are now stranded, and lost under the hot desert sun!


It’s high time now for you to step down, and let me save all of us!


So forth, the two ants of the steering committee argue!


Sitting on top of the hairy hump of an dromedary camel, as they discuss, plan and think they control


As the oblivious camel strolls across the vast desert on its way home!






No comments:

Post a Comment