Friday 31 October 2014

MYSTERIOUS WATERFALL


Looking for the mysterious water fall
I climb this arduous mountain slope

 Footsteps from the past  

Left behind now as a trail

Lead me on!

One step at time!

Through overgrown greenery

Pushing away the thorns and bushes

I keep walking!

How long this journey will last

I do not know!

High above, the sun shines bright!

But down here, it is still cold and dim

Little bit of sunlight trickles here

 But still life below blossoms

The stream I first started with

Once meandering in the plains below

Is foamy and turbulent here, up in the rapids

The water fall must be near!  I think!

I can hear the water roaring

Yet, I see no waterfall!

The slope is steeper now

The climb is more difficult

Through moss and ferns  

I keep moving on

Tripping and slipping

Pulling myself up every time!

I must find the waterfall! I think!

The stream is only a trickle now

Its rumbling silenced by my desperate thoughts

Converging and betraying

Sadly now!

It is the beginning of the stream!

End of my journey!

No waterfall in between!

 Its sunset soon

I have scaled the mighty peak

But the waterfall I sought

No where?

As I sit in silent desolation

The floating white clouds  make me wonder

 In seeking for the waterfall, found only in my mind


Did I forget to relish the stream of Life? 


No comments:

Post a Comment